Reports to: Managing Director, Design Services
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel: Maximum 20%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Not overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Design and detailing of association and exhibit projects for trade shows
- Provide CAD based designs expertise for trades show industry in both 2D & 3D
- Develop expertise learning the Shepard internal IRIS design software system used for structural design; training provided to the hired candidate
- Provide quality control and ensure compliance to company structural and graphic standards
- Work with team members to ensure work is in alignment with client needs
- Set up files for production, including correct file format in accordance to company standard operational procedure
- Ability to produce at a high level while maintaining deadlines
- Possess the ability to multi-task on several projects at one time
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in the Shepard Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Possess Shepard Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, & Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
- Ability to learn and perform daily job functions using the IRIS Design Software
- Ability to integrate the Octanorm and custom component system into designs
- Required experience with the following 2D & 3D software programs:
- Autodesk AutoCAD (required)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (general understanding of applications)
- 3DS Max (a benefit, but not required)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and ability to work well with groups
- Ability to work well under pressure and demands
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet deadlines; some night and weekend hours maybe required
- Ability to adjust designs based on constructive feedback and/or customer requests
- Possess a Can-do attitude and positive nature towards projects and teamwork
- Bachelor’s Degree in design and/or at least 2-5 years industry design experience
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.