Reports to: Supervisor, Customer Service
Location: Houston, TX
Travel: Maximum 0-5%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Part-time, Overtime eligible
Shepard is seeking a part-time Customer Service Representative (In-House) to handle customer orders and inquiries, calculate material handling charges, sell Shepard Logistics and enter billing, process all forms of payments, handle reception and administrative duties. Some on-site, over-time, and weekend and/or evening hours may be required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greet visitors and respond to incoming customer telephone calls; distribute mail
- Enter and update exhibitor lists
- Contact customers regarding problems with orders/payments
- Perform data entry including price lists, orders, material handling and Shepard Logistics
- Run computer reports
- Pack/unpack show site supplies, computers, printers, and other equipment; maintain organized inventory of job box
- When needed, perform show site service desk functions: arrange and maintain a neat service desk, handle all show site orders, assist customers with questions or problems, ensure completion of all data entry prior to invoicing, audit freight data, perform accurate billing and timely invoicing, ensure collection of invoicing according to current payment procedures, perform all outbound show site functions
- Complete all show closing functions
- Calculate and create price lists; calculate SLS shipping charges
- Treat all customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP employee owner
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; possess good math skills
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to use standard office products including computer/laptop, copy machine, fax machine and to use 10-key calculator by touch
- Willingness to travel and work over-time as required
- College degree preferred
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.