Reports to: National Account Executive Project Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel: Minimum 30%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Overtime eligible
Shepard is seeking a Project Manager to oversee the overall production planning of special projects. This position is responsible for communicating with sales, account management, design, project management, and the operations team to process and manage all needs, issues and concerns relating to projects, timelines, milestone due dates, client concerns, and production issues. The project manager is responsible for coordinating and communicating the progress of the project through to the show move-in, and will assist the account manager on show site, move-out, and storage as assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
- Communicate project requirements from clients and account management to define specific work required.
- Interface with clients and vendors as required including taking the lead communication when directed.
- Facilitate or participate in all project-related meetings.
- Complete requests regarding structural design, graphic design, floor plans, technical issues, and writing work orders to begin preliminary work as directed.
- Place service orders based on client requests; this may include electric, AV, rigging, etc.
- Using existing policies and procedures, set up and save data for AEs to create necessary onsite information including; providing details for needed graphic requirements, setting up FTP site for file download, placing graphics into OLP, proofing out, and getting client approval.
- Responsible for managing trade show, in-house, and custom projects.
- Approve supplier invoices for show management requirements.
- Have a working knowledge of labor force strategies.
- Assist AEs with pre and/or post show financial details and analysis.
- Participates in pre-events and other meetings as needed for the successful execution of assigned projects.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while interacting with design, sales, account management, CAD and shop/show site production.
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of the basic processes for exhibits and provides support and direction to exhibitors as needed.
- Take total ownership of a project’s schedule and production when the account manager releases the work orders to Project Management.
- Address problems/concerns relevant to project management in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external clients to ensure a positive exhibit experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position under the direction of management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; PMP or other Project Management Certifications a plus
- 2 years of trade show industry experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, stakeholders, and clients
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be able to work flexible and/or extended hours during show move-ins as required
- Strong project management experience demonstrating solid organizational skills
- Excellent decision making and process development skills as well as quick and efficient response to changing demands and schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines for multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a professional demeanor in high-stress situations
- Proficient in operating standard office equipment and computer systems, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Demonstrate Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.