Reports to: Payroll Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel: Maximum 0-5%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Enter timecards on a daily/weekly basis
- Administer timecards on NovaTime System via direct contact with supervisors
- Set up new hires and process payroll change notices
- E-Verify new hires
- Communicate with labor unions; maintain union contract files and union rates spreadsheet
- Research payroll disputes
- Distribute payroll checks in-house and ship throughout the country
- Maintain quality interpersonal relationships with Shepard associates
- Prepare union payouts monthly
- Administer weekly child supports, garnishments, and levies
- Answer unemployment insurance information requests
- Prepare employment verifications
- Maintain worker’s compensation and business insurance claims files and respond to information requests regarding claims
- Audit benefits invoices and upload benefits payments
- Correspond with payroll tax preparer regarding tax notices and issues
- File personnel documents
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in operating standard office equipment and software including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for formal education.
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.