Reports to: Director, Graphic Services
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Travel: Maximum 0-5%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Part-time, Overtime eligible
Shepard Exposition Services is seeking a Part-Time Production Artist to assist in the production and design of print graphics for trade shows and special events. The right candidates must be available a minimum of 20 hours per week (day, evenings until 7pm, and weekend) to assist Design Services Team in preparing print production graphics.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to follow design layout instructions, pay attention to detail, proof read, and work independently
- Must have layout experience and an eye for design, preferably with trade show graphics
- Provide quality control and ensure compliance to company structural and graphic standards
- Work with team members to ensure work is in alignment with client needs
- Must understand the print production process to ensure design integrity, color accuracy, and image quality are met
- Experience with pre-flight (preparing files for print production) necessary, including correct file format, outlining fonts, and color separation
- Understanding of various file types and the best files for print production: Vector, PDF, Raster
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in the Shepard Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Possess Shepard Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- 2-3 years of current experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Knowledge and experience using 3D programs (Autodesk, AutoCAD, VIZ, 3DS Max, EXPOCAD Contractor) is a plus, but not required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and ability to work well with groups
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet deadlines
- Ability to adjust designs based on constructive feedback and/or customer requests
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during busy seasons of graphic production
- Possess a self-starter work ethic
- Professional and punctual
- Degree in Graphic Design or 3-5 years of experience
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.