Reports to: In-House Operations Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Travel: Less than 10%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Part-time, Overtime eligible
Shepard is seeking a Part-Time In-House Freight Specialist to oversee the administration of local, regional and domestic shipping services, including air, ground, van line, flatbed, truck load, and caravan. He or she will supervise the day to day activities of receiving, entering, tracking, and processing of show freight while assisting Customer Service Supervisors and Representatives on processing shipping services.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for processing and manifesting all inbound and outbound show freight
- During non-receiving hours perform skilled and unskilled labor in warehouse and on-site, as needed
- Load and unload cargo
- Monitor event schedule for discount deadlines and logistics
- Audit carrier freight bill invoices and weigh tickets; assist in resolving invoice discrepancies
- Research and resolve shipment errors and claims issues
- Monitor ETK shipping online software for errors and upgrades; advise Shepard IT department and external technology providers of software requirements and needed improvements
- Monitor and process the logistics pricing structure and carrier tariffs
- Develop and document logistics procedures and forms; maintain and update logistics manual
- Communicate with CSRs to resolve shipping sales and show closing questions
- Monitor weekend and after business hours cell phone calls and respond to callers
Minimum Job Requirements:
- At least 2 years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience using web based shipping vendor websites
- Proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point and ability to use standard office equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Forklift certification (will train)
- Driver’s license in good standing required
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.