Reports to: In-House Manager, Operations
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Travel: Minimum 30%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Part-time, Overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Drive tractor-trailers and/or straight trucks
- Transport inventory to and from Shepard warehouses and to and from event facilities and other locations, both locally and out of town
- Load and unload cargo
- In addition to driving duties, perform show floor duties on site at events
- Maintain a record of driving activities in ELD logging via the KeepTruckin app in compliance with government regulations
- Keep a record of vehicle inspections
- Maintain IFTA mileage reports and fuel receipts for designated vehicles driven
- Perform safety inspections and ensure vehicles are safe for operation; notify manager of necessary repairs; ensure trailers are safe to pull
- Comply with regulations like weigh station checks
- Operate vehicle safely and in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and Shepard policies
- Maintain contact with supervisor
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
- Possess verbal and written communication skills; ability to read and comprehend rules and procedures and to write reports and logs
- At least 2 years of commercial driving experience
- At least 21 years of age to drive in state; interstate over the road drivers must be at least 25 years of age for insurance purposes
- If operating 26,001 gross vehicle weight, must have valid commercial driver’s license and DOT medical certificate
- For all other vehicles, must have valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel out of town to shows to work at show site, in addition to traveling while performing driving duties
- High school diploma or equivalent
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.