Reports to: In-House Manager, Operations
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Travel: Maximum 15-30%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Part-time, Overtime eligible
Shepard Exposition Services is seeking a part-time Carpet Depot Lead to schedule and supervise all production activities of the Carpet Depot. Work in conjunction with the In-House Operations Manager and the Vice President of Quality Control to ensure that carpet is ordered timely and cost effective measures are at work. Supervise all carpet inventory, loading, cutting, sizing, cleaning and manifesting for proper installation of carpet at show site.
Essential Job Duties:
- Reviews and/or draws floor plans and recommends or prepares changes
- Supervises workers in carpet depot ensuring efficient use of labor and reduce or eliminate overtime.
- Communicates with other branches to forecast carpet needs and orders inventory with VP of Quality Control
- Assigns the cleaning, cutting, loading and storing of carpet used in trade shows and events
- Maintains an accurate inventory of carpet stored
- Supervises and tracks cleaning per square foot model
- Supervises proper manifesting, loading and quality control measures
- Maintains neat, clean, organized and safe work areas and warehouse
- Follows all payroll procedures and submits payroll timely and accurately
- Trains associates on Shepard policies, standard operating procedures and Best Practices; ensures associates follow all Safety rules
- Maintains equipment in good operating order and schedules equipment maintenance
- Researches and recommends procedural changes for greater efficiency and cost savings
- Attends pre events, planning and budget meetings prepared when invited
- Orders materials using the PO system and reclass to appropriate jobs
- Treats all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
- At least 3 years of experience in operations of a trade show general contractor, including supervision of on site or in house staff engaged in all aspects of carpet installation
- Excellent project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to read floor plans and diagrams; knowledge of CAD software required
- Proficiency in use of standard office equipment and in use of standard warehouse equipment including forklifts; forklift certification required
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of inventory controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related major. Equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.