Reports to: General Manager
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Travel: Minimum 30%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Not overtime eligible
Shepard is seeking a Labor Coordinator/Operations Supervisor to be responsible for the calling & scheduling of labor through local unions dispatch systems in Las Vegas primarily, but also where needed in the Las Vegas branch region. Assist Team Leaders and Material Handling Supervisors in attaining proper labor, making labor calls, scheduling labor within the parameters of the union contracts. Be familiar with and follow union contract guidelines, supervise and team lead events, assist with supervision as needed in the Las Vegas branch, and oversee the on-site production of trade shows. The coordinator will serve in an operational leadership role by supervising the following: operations pre-planning, groups and/or multiple people on a job site, and projects/project completion.
Essential Job Duties:
- Schedule union labor through the union dispatch system
- Place union labor calls; schedule and supervise union labor
- Maintain knowledge of union contracts, rules, and labor rates
- Supervise and Team Lead events
- Meet planning and production deadlines
- Enforce safety rules and company best practices
- Follow all payroll procedures and submit payroll on time and accurately
- Ensure timecards are coded correctly for accurate job cost reporting
- Control labor expenses and minimize overtime
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
- At least 5 years of experience working on-site at show floor for a trade show general contractor. Supervisory experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Bi or multilingual a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.