Reports to: General Manager
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Travel: Maximum 10%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Not overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages loading/unloading equipment from In House departments
- Maintains equipment inventory and arranges swaps as needed; communicates with VP of Quality Control and Planning on equipment needs; controls swap lists
- Schedules in-house associates and drivers on a daily basis; controls labor expense and minimizes overtime
- Keeps current on DOT and OSHA regulations and ensures compliance with regulations
- Ensures that all equipment and services meet quality standards in condition and appearance; schedules rental and fleet equipment maintenance
- Trains associates on and enforces Shepard policies, procedures, and best practices; ensures associates follow all safety rules and that work areas are neat, clean, organized, and safe during, before, and after work
- Monitors departmental budget; controls spending on equipment and supplies
- Conducts production planning meetings weekly, keeps notes, and resolves problems
- Follows all payroll procedures and submits payroll timely and accurately; ensures all departments are coding time cards correctly and job costing is correct
- Oversees building maintenance
- Treats all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
- At least 3 years of experience supervising shipping and warehouse operations, preferably for a trade show general contractor
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and experience supervising union workers
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft software and strong computer skills
- Excellent organizations skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; related experience may be substituted for formal education
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.