Reports to: Manager, In-House Operations
Location: Baltimore-Washington, MD
Travel: Maximum 5%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Not overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan layout of warehouse and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored
- Advise employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped, methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock, and related topics
- Unload/receive freight delivered to warehouse
- Properly tag, write up, and document incoming freight for assigned events and load properly onto assigned trailers
- Follow target list and trailer coordination as instructed by Material Handling Supervisor per event
- Properly manifest/log trailer contents and load trailers, input trailer numbers and contents into Shepard portal, and track and manage all loaded trailer numbers per event
- Correctly log all information on receiver form when freight is received, track correct special handling billing, and turn in receiver form to customer service in a timely manner
- Scan and palletize all small packages daily
- Work on forklift to unload trailers when applicable
- Manage, supervise, lead additional associates and/or union members at peak times when additional labor is needed
- Work with In-House Operations Manager on work procedures, preparing work schedules, and expediting workflow to improve the efficiency of the department
- Supervise the proper loading and unloading of vehicles
- Work with In-House Operations Manager to determine which vehicles are to be loaded and procure adequate numbers of trucks and trailers during peak periods
- Check proper coding of timecards for warehouse personnel
- Assist in training of warehouse operations
- Contact customer service about damages regarding freight; take proper pictures and fill out appropriate paperwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- College Degree preferred; High School Diploma required
- At least 2-5 years of industry experience preferred
- Must be familiar with current material-handling rates and show rules and regulations
- Experience with computer and web-based systems
- Versed in programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong verbal-and-written-communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact appropriately with co-workers and customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, and time-sensitive environment
- Must be able to pass an MVR screen
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.