Reports to: VP, HR and Talent
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel: Maximum 5%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Not overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
Shepard is seeking an HR & Talent Associate to work alongside the Vice President. The HR & Talent Associate will be responsible for the administration and support of the human resources department. Working in a generalist capacity, the responsibilities include but are not limited to recruiting & pre-employment processes, orientation & onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, policy & procedure updates, supporting training & development programs, and HR compliance.
- Respond to HR inquiries including benefits questions
- Administer recruitment and onboarding process
- Administer Open Enrollment, 401(k) testing, employee referral program, and performance management
- Administer unpaid Federal FMLA
- Administer background checks and drug/alcohol screening program
- Support recognition programs; compile and prepare Associate Award winner shows
- Support company wellness and engagement initiatives
- Support VP of Talent with special projects
- Support Training Manager as needed
- Compile HR metrics reports
- Maintain personnel documents and function as HRIS subject matter expert
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience as a human resources professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Windows based Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience in HRIS programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent field; related experience may be exchanged for formal education
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent field; related experience may be exchanged for formal education; PHR and/or CPP certification desired
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.