Reports to: Executive Vice President, Operations
Location: Houston, TX
Travel: Minimum 20%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Not overtime eligible
Shepard Exposition Services is seeking a full-time General Manager to manage the Houston branch while developing a profit center. This position is responsible for show production, assisting with sales growth, developing industry relationships, recruiting and training personnel, and managing union relationships.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage all operational areas of a Shepard branch location
- Produce events while meeting company quality and financial standards
- Negotiate and manage union contracts and relationships
- Meet or exceed budgets
- Train and develop branch personnel
- Enforce all Shepard policies, procedures and Best Practices
- Collaborate with Executive Vice President, Executive Vice President of Sales, and branch sales managers to meet or exceed the budgeted sales growth in all markets
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships in all markets with price and service
- Develop and strengthen relationships with all industry organizations on a local level
- Maintain a professional image in all markets on a daily basis
- Accompany sales managers on sales calls
- Maintain high branch morale through support, training, communication, and employee events
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
- Minimum of 3 years of general contractor experience in tradeshows, including managing others
- Experience in negotiating contracts for unions, vendors and customers
- Understanding of corporate financial reports and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel or relocate as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a major in a related field; related experience may be substituted for formal education
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.