Reports to: Vice President, Sales, AV
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel: Minimum 65%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Not overtime eligible
Shepard is seeking an AV Event Manager to be the main liaison between the customer, facility, internal divisions (ES/ESS), and operations staff responsible for production, planning, and maintenance of AV events or events as assigned by the supervisor. The position can be based in any branch but will work nationally.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for reviewing contractual commitments/allowances and ensure that they are represented on final invoice
- Periodical contact with the client throughout the year to continue the relationship between Shepard AV and the client, and to discuss areas for Shepard AV improvement and innovation
- Aid sales in the rebooking steps immediately following the execution of the contract including finding ways to extend the agreement without the bid process
- Coordination with ES AE peer to ensure flawless execution of event during integration
- Consultation and preparation of CAD floor plans to meet customer milestones (in collaboration with assigned Project Manager)
- Communication and coordination with facilities (in collaboration with assigned project manager) to effectively communicate with facility CSM and coordinate room access
- Establish and communicate deadlines that are acceptable both to the customer and to Shepard AV via the Critical Path
- To attend integrated pre-event meetings and conduct internal SAV pre-event meetings with operations
- Preparation and distribution of exhibitor service manual form
- Orchestrate show planning to ensure all details of the show are communicated with operations prior to the move-in of an event
- Coordinate and conduct pre-event and post-con meetings (with customer)
- Prepare pre-invoice to be given to the client 5 days prior to event; ensure all items have been properly billed for per contractual agreement
- Structural projects/stage sets to be requested using established portals (OLP)
- Respond to all communications in a timely manner
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner making daily decisions to benefit the client and the company
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as organizational skills
- Excellent responsiveness and ability to balance multiple accounts
- Ability to meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; equivalent experience may be exchanged for formal education.
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.