Reports to: Regional Director, Account Executives
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel: Minimum 30%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Not overtime eligible
Shepard Exposition Services is seeking an Event Manager. The associate will be based in the Atlanta branch, but will work nationally. This individual will be the main liaison between the customer, facility, and operations staff responsible for production, planning, and maintenance of trade shows or events as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential Job Duties:
- Consultation and preparation of floor plans
- Communication and coordination with facilities
- Establish and communicate deadline dates that are acceptable both to the customer and to Shepard via the Critical Path
- Manage graphic and structural design process to fit within client budget
- Preparation and distribution of exhibitor service manuals
- Orchestrate show planning to ensure all details of the show are communicated with operations prior to the move in of an event
- Preparation of an invoice to be given to the client on site; ensure all items have been properly billed to the client per the contract
- Periodical contact with the client throughout the year to continue the relationship between Shepard and the client and discuss areas for Shepard improvement and innovation
- Aid sales in the rebooking steps immediately following the execution of the contract including finding ways to extend the agreement without the bid process
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner making daily decisions to benefit the client and the company
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as organizational skills
- Excellent responsiveness and ability to balance multiple accounts
- Ability to meet deadlines within a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree; equivalent experience may be exchanged for formal education.
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.