Reports to: Engineering Department Supervisor
Location: San Francisco CA
Travel: No travel required.
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Work with fellow technicians on repair projects
- Routinely prepare purchase orders for outside repair jobs and component purchases
- Perform basic painting, metalwork, and woodwork
- Complete mechanical repairs in the wood and metal shop
- Perform repairs and maintenance of road cases, power distribution panels, and power and signal cables
- Conduct electronic testing using oscilloscopes and signal generators
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Proficient with hand tools and test equipment
- Must own multimeter and basic electronic hand tools such as screwdrivers, hex drivers, side cutters, and pliers
- Understanding of basic AC and DC electronic theory; Ohm’s Law, power triangle, decibel equivalencies, balanced lines, 70v lines, gain structure, how transducers work, and analog and digital signal transmission concepts
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of power tools
- Strong soldering skills
- Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Associates Degree in Electronic Technology; relevant experience may be substituted for formal education
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.