Reports to: Manager, In-House Operations
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Travel: Maximum 10%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Work in, supervise or lead the carpentry shop portion of the system department
- Create, build, construct, produce custom wood/laminate/metal projects
- Work with the In-House System Supervisor to ensure projects are being completed efficiently and by deadlines
- Pull and pack all needed materials for custom projects
- Ensure all projects are packed safely and properly by auditing and supervising/lead packing labor
- Order materials using PO system and properly reclass to appropriate jobs
- Adequately trained and accustomed to using table saw, panel saw and other carpentry tools and heavy machinery
- Build booths and trade show products
- Clean, repair and store inventory
- Follow Shepard policies, quality control measures, standard operating procedures and Best Practices.
- Maintain tools and equipment in good working order
- Maintain clean, safe work area and follow safety rules
- Treat all internal and external customers with courtesy and respect, as outlined in our Blue Diamond Customer Service Program
- Conduct yearly performance reviews consistent with Shepard policy
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
- At least 1 year of experience in warehouse or shop operations
- Experience operating power equipment and tools, including forklifts
- Good oral and written communications skills; good math skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.