Reports to: Executive Vice President, Shepard AV
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Travel: Minimum 60%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Not overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- From time of assignment throughout the entirety of our client relationship:
- Maintain positive interaction with the client
- Mutually establish use of the Critical Path with client and diligently use the Critical Path to manage and fulfill our Blue Diamond commitments
- Ensure accuracy and upkeep of planning within the IntelliEvent system
- Prepare all room diagrams that pertain to scenic, including room layout, rigging, and any other client diagram request; produce and provide these to clients within four days maximum
- Procure all cross-rental items or any requests that must be met through outside vendors within planning guidelines
- Acquire any operational items necessary to produce a successful event such as hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Manage the communications with facility staff to maximize operational efficiency and client expectations
- Contract with outside labor as needed, including freelancers, local labor companies, and union labor
- Create production schedule to include AV office needs, overall security schedule, and crew meals
- Provide electric/power and internet orders on behalf of client as requested/needed
- Manage the project financially keeping in mind the following:
- Meet expected budget
- Acceptable markups from outside vendors
- Labor cost controls and billing where appropriate
- Housing Costs
- Transportation Expense
- All billing, including pre-show proposals and on-site additions; additional labor costs not under AV direct control; absolutely all items to be accounted for in the invoice whether billed or not
- Prepare invoice from initial proposal to final billing and present to Sales for approval or editing; invoice to be tendered to client within 15 days of event close
- Closely and cooperatively coordinate with Shepard Exposition Service team members or any other contractor to deliver Blue Diamond service
- Achieve all agreed upon expectations of our clients, both quantity and quality of services delivered as committed
- Obtain all known requirements from clients with an acceptable planning time frame; initial requirements 60 days out, final requirements 15 days out from load in; compare last year’s needs for accuracy
- React to any onsite changes with a positive attitude and provide Blue Diamond service with a sense of urgency while meeting the quality standards
- Ensure freelancers adhere to company standards of conduct and appearance as well by conducting on site briefing with AV team
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; related experience within the AV space may be exchanged for formal education
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness and Teamwork
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.