Reports to: Executive Vice President of AV
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel: Maximum 10%
Salary range: Negotiable based on education and experience
Status: Full-time, Overtime eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Alongside Project Managers, manage the Critical Path process by diligently using Critical Path throughout to manage and fulfill Blue Diamond commitments
- Respond to emails, calls, or other communications within 24 hours in the planning stage (preferably sooner) and immediately when on-site
- Alongside Project Managers, keep all planning current in the IntelliEvent System
- Coordinate all transportation for Shepard AV equipment and manage costs as outlined in the customers proposal
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for show crew (hotel, airfare, per diem) and manage costs as outlined in the customers proposal
- Forecast all show equipment needs and determine best course of action i.e. cross rent, equipment transfer or purchase from another branch
- Procure any cross-rental items or any requests that must be met through outside vendors within planning guidelines
- Procure any operational items necessary to produce a successful event such as hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Contract with outside labor as needed, including freelancers, local labor companies, and union labor
- Process all new vendor and contractor enrollment paperwork
- Obtain required COI’s for all shows and distribute to required parties
- Create Exhibitor Order Forms for all shows that require such forms
- Process floor plans and rigging plots to the obtain Fire Marshall approval
- Prepare and process Management Orders when Shepard is the GSC
- Alongside with the Project Manager, assist in the management of the project financially to include:
- Meeting expected budget
- Acceptable markups from outside vendors
- Labor cost controls and billing where appropriate
- Housing costs
- Transportation expenses
- Assist the Project Managers to ensure client expectations are met
- Communicate company standards of conduct to contractors and freelancers by conducting on-site briefing with AV team
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical and computer experience
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; related experience within the AV space may be exchanged for formal education
- Demonstrated Core Values of Caring, Commitment, Integrity, Spirited, Responsiveness, and Teamwork
- Ability to perform as a responsible ESOP owner
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking. Periodic bending & stooping, kneeling, squatting and crouching, crawling, reaching, twisting and carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting weight amounts of 25 lbs. or less. Regular and frequent, repetitive hand motion and grasping.
***Shepard Exposition Services is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE and requires pre-employment drug and background screenings.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy a wide array of benefits including Health, 401k, ESOP, Supplementary Life Insurance & Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate discounts and more. Shepard is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers excellent pay and benefits. Our company core values and passionate culture set us apart in our industry in the positive way we treat our customers and each other.
Click the “apply” button to be redirected to The Shepard Expositions job application portal. No phone calls, emails or faxes accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected based on meeting the job and experience requirements.
To all recruitment agencies:
Shepard Exposition Services does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or hiring managers. Shepard Exposition Services is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.