Your Success is Our Success.
Illustrate Your Event
Role-Playing and Simulating Exercises
Video Professional (Confessional) Booth
Graffiti Wall – Aspiration and Inspiration
Beacon Technology – Personalization
- Attendees are notified when someone they want to meet is nearby
- Attendees receive game pieces to an interactive event game
- Attendees walk by a booth and learn that there is something relevant to their needs in the booth
- Confirmation of session attendance for CEU credits
- Attendees receive downloadable educational or product information to enhance their learning experience
- Attendees can see where they are and where they want to go on a venue map
- Exhibitors collect information about attendees while providing them with customized information
- Organizers collect valuable real-time data to help improve their events
New innovations in beacon technology are quickly becoming available to event organizers to enhance their attendee’s experience, exhibitor’s ROI, and their own events.
New Educational Formats
TED-style presentations, Pecha Kucha and other short presentations follow the limits of our working memory. These presentation methods do work at reducing cognitive overload, however, they omit the importance of attendee interaction and engagement. Attendees can’t focus on listening and focus on thinking at the same time. It’s one or the other. They need to think to learn. And if they can’t think, they can’t connect it to their own situation. Nor can they recall that information to apply it later because they didn’t learn it.
Here’s an article that explores how event design affects the way people learn:
Speed Dating – Targeted Networking
Launched last year at FMI Connect, this program proved to be a huge hit with exhibiting companies and the retailer/wholesaler attendees. The core of the program is the One-on-One meeting area - a sea of tables and private meeting suites. Using the scheduler, exhibitors can easily accept and request 20-minute meetings with customers and prospects. A large digital clock counts down the meeting time as well as the 5-minute break times.
By providing this program, FMI has created an invaluable layer of engagement for their exhibitors and attendees, and increased the overall value of their show.
Sound Isolation Rooms – Enhanced Environments
- Private product demonstrations
- Press room interviews
- Career center
- Media Theaters
- Noise level demos of products
- Customer/Prospect meeting rooms
Shepard offers sound isolation rooms that are flexibly configured (with ceilings), air-conditioned, adjustable lighting, and fully customizable with graphics and branding. To learn more: https://www.shepardes.com/services/featured-products/sound-isolation-rooms/
Personalize – Data-Driven Marketing
Here are some tips on how technology can engage attendees - it goes without saying that a fully-engaged attendee will lift the energy and collaborative spirit of your event.
- Collect detailed data when an attendee registers for your event. The more you know about them and their needs, the more you can tailor their experience.
- Ensure they have online access to their profiles so they can update.
- Using their data, provide them with personalized lists of matched sessions and exhibitors.
- Enable attendees to connect (via messaging or email) with exhibitors to make inquiries and set-up appointments.
- Enable exhibitors to connect with attendees with targeted information.
- Provide online chat and email support so attendees can easily connect with you (show organizer) for questions and support.
- Encourage attendees to follow you on social media and to opt-in to receive text messages you can keep them updated with changes and special announcements, and so they can be involved in the conversation.
- Use an online survey to solicit valuable feedback - people appreciate the opportunity to express their opinions. Also, reach out to any not-so-satisfied attendees to acknowledge their concerns and work with them to provide an improved experience next time around.
- Extend the life of your event by keeping your online portal live after the show, enabling attendees and exhibitors to keep the conversation going.
Three keys to remember: 1) Know Them 2) Engage Them 3) Create Community
The retail industry is a great source of trend-setting personalization techniques. Here’s an article from our friends @HubSpot to get you started: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/8-personalization-trends-that-are-reinventing-the-buyers-journey